Friday, March 31, 2006

msn article: power of prayer flunks an unusual test

link to article is here. while the study was conducted with strict adherence to scientific procedures, dr. harold koenig (who didn't participate in the study) said "there are no scientific grounds to expect a result and there are no real theological grounds to expect a result either. there is no god in either the Christian, Jewish or Moslem scriptures that can be constrained to the point that they can be predicted." there was also something he said that cracked me up: "why would God change his plans for a particular person just because they're in a research study?". haha! rock on, doc! (fyi: the word 'koenig' means 'king' in german. it's written with an umlauted 'o'. but umlauted vowels are also commonly written with 'e' after 'a', 'u' and 'o'.)

as for my own experience, prayer has been the line that anchors me to God, especially in turbulent times. a lot of people don't know yet (except for my dad, sis, and boyfriend) but these past weeks have been really crazy for me. for many different reasons. still, i depend on the power of prayer to keep me grounded, to keep me sane, to keep me happy. and that's what i am right now. happy, and surrounded with so much love. ^_^

on to more positive news, i got a text message from one of my grade school best friends, george. he told me he just passed the recent bar exams. woohoo! a gay lawyer, how cool is that? i'm so happy for you, sister!!

Posted by Unknown at 08:09

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home