Thursday, April 19, 2007

The resignation issue

I'm disappointed. To say the very least.

I was planning to keep my resignation a secret from majority of my colleagues until I actually start my new job. I only told my circle of friends, plus Liza and Rico (because they need to know). In fairness to Rico, he never told anyone, unlike what happened with Babes.

Last Friday, I was at the 21st floor to submit my letter of resignation when I saw Pat. I was so surprised when he asked me 'O, mag-reresign ka na pala?'

Take note that this was before I even gave my letter to HR. Panong nauna pa sila kesa sa HR?!

I didn't know who told him, or how he found out (he won't tell me). He even had a clue about the new company.

Monday this week, Bry told me that this person (Person A) was broadcasting to their group about my resignation, including where I am going to transfer to. Again, Bry had no idea how Person A found out.

Then Person B enters the picture. Apparently, Person B, a new employee, used to work with the company I'll be working for. That's probably how Person B got information.

I was able to talk for a bit with Person B today. I asked how Person B got 'juicy' information about me. Person B won't talk. Secret daw. Secret kung sino yung source, pero yung information ay for public consumption, ganun ba? Person B even knew one of the people who interviewed me!! Kakaiba talaga!!

Take note that it was my very first time to be meeting Person B face to face.

Granted that Person B is good friends with someone in the new company's HR department. Still, it does not give Person B the right to 'share' information about me in my present company. Also, Person A has the option NOT to tell anyone about what he/she found out from Person B, but told others anyway.

The funny thing is, their group in the 21st floor already knew about my resignation, including the new company's name, but my own teammate (who is just a couple of workstations away from me) still does not know anything yet.

ありえないつの!

I was really mad about it, especially when Person A told Bry that the information came from Liza. The friggin' nerve.

But right now, I'm just disappointed. Disappointed because I (used to) regard Person A highly. Disappointed because I never got any apologies from both of them. Disapointed because they won't even friggin' admit to it.

Pagpiyestahan daw ba ako. Aalis na nga lang ako, may ganito pang pabaong sama ng loob. Nakaka-bad trip.

なんでそんな人達がいるの? なんで世話を焼いたの? ぜんぜん関係ないでしょう?!

そんなに暇なの??

暇なとこ、なにをしますか? 他の人のことについて、喋ることです。

Don't say that I am making a big deal out of nothing. For me, it is something important.

For the record, I'm moving to IBM Business Services. But then again, you probably already heard of it from them.

Labels: , ,

Posted by Unknown at 18:23

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Do Oda posted at Friday, April 20, 2007 1:47:00 PM  
    yeah...so i've heard...

    hehe....ang puso cat...

    good thing aalis ka na din...

    ganbatte!!!

    - dow
  2. Blogger hlF posted at Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:40:00 AM  
    uuuuy... kainis nga! parang highschool ah. i guess we never really outgrow such childish tendencies.
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:53:00 AM  
    @ dow: hehe. arigatou! hai, gambarimasu!

    @ herb: hmmm...sige, isusumbong ko sila kay teacher! :P

Post a Comment

« Home